The cause of the fire that damaged 15 storage units at Marion Storage Ltd. south of Marion, yesterday mornng is still not known.
The fire was reported anonymously by someone passing by at 8:25 a.m. Firefighters had the fire contained in about an hour but they remained on scene until 11:44 a.m. to look for hot spots and make sure it was completely out.
Marion Township Fire Department received help from four area fire departments,
Marion Fire Department arrived with a ladder to help fight the blaze
Most othe aid from the other departments was needed to supply the water used to fight the fire.
It is believed the fire spread through an open space at the top of the building and possibly caused smoldering insulation to fall into other units.
Park Enterprise Construction loaned A front-end loader that was used to lift the roof off part of the building so firefighters could reach the smoldering insulation.
Ramco Rental supplied a backhoe and Johnson Property Services also lent equipment to firefighters.